Re: draft-daviel-html-geo-tag-05.txt

From: Patrik Fältström ^lt;paf@cisco.com>
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 01:02:08 EST

--On 2002-02-05 22.46 +0100 felix kaegi <felix_kaegi@hotmail.com> wrote:

> this draft is just about additional meta tags in the HTML protocol. It is
> about optional, additional meta information of an HTML document and
> therefor we belief it is under the responsibility of an HTML author
> wether or not to give this additional strucutured information to a
> document. It does not generate any privacy issues, because an HTML author
> is free to publish whatever he wants in a document.

It do create privacy issues as the general user on the Internet today
doesn't create the HTML, various software programs do that. Those programs
already today include information automatically without the user doing
anything, and if one add geographical information to that, the privacy
issues gets even more important than they are today.

So, the IESG does not agree with you on this point.

     Regards, paf