Confidence (was: Geopriv WG - meeting 5-6 Jun, other news)

From: Zmolek, Andrew (Andrew) ^lt;zmolek@avaya.com>
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 13:23:30 EDT

Richard Shockey wrote:

> I have to admit that I am struggling with how to
> express the concept of confidence in the accuracy
> of the location data source..
> if you look at the problem set in wireless it might
> help in determine what may or may not be needed here

Wireless confidence is very focused on measurement, but let's keep in mind that confidence might also be expressible in terms of intelligence that can infer location indirectly (i.e. based on what I know I'm 70% sure you are in your office right now). If this intelligence wasn't derived by signal triangulation or GPS, than confidence measurement is a bit more subjective.

--Andy Zmolek
    Technology & Standards Engineer
      CTO Standards
        Avaya Inc.