RE: full integrity? (was: RE: Geopriv WG - meeting 5-6 Jun, other news)

From: Zmolek, Andrew (Andrew) ^lt;zmolek@avaya.com>
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 10:10:43 EDT

Dan Greening wrote:

> This stuff about bogus locations sounds like something that won't get
> market usage by many people (like less than 1%), and possibly no
> carriers. It seems like "requirements" should be serious market
> requirements, otherwise the IETF Geopriv requirements could
> end up stuck in the "academically interesting" category and ignored.

This depends on how closed the systems are for passing this information. If we're only talking about carrier systems than I might agree with you. But if enterprises and individuals will have the means to inject presence and location information into these tracking networks (and I believe they will over time) then this is hardly academic.

--Andy Zmolek
    Technology & Standards Engineer
      CTO Standards
        Avaya Inc.