Re: Working Group Last Call: Location Configuration Information for GEOPRIV

From: Alper Yegin ^lt;alper@docomolabs-usa.com>
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 22:09:29 EDT

On 6/18/03 10:51 PM, "Allison Mankin" <mankin@psg.com> wrote:

> This begins WGLC for Location Configuration Information for GEOPRIV,
> draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-lci-option-01.txt. The WGLC will take place
> in both the GEOPRIV and DHC WGs, and in consequence, will be allowed
> three weeks rather than two, concluding Jul 10.
>
> [Ralph: Please forward to DHC as I am not subscribed]

I'm new to this list, and I have a question that is not directly specific to
this draft.

If we are planning to use DHCP to deliver location information to the hosts,
what is the plan when DHCP is not used in an access network? Is this WG
considering proposing similar extensions for router advertisements (for
stateless address autoconfig case), or even PPP?

Just curious,

Alper