Re: [Geopriv] RE: [Simple] Changes in xcap-auth

From: Jonathan Rosenberg ^lt;jdrosen@dynamicsoft.com>
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 14:07:03 EST

Tschofenig Hannes wrote:

> hi jonathan,
>
> could you describe how the domain authorization procedure works?
> where do you get the domain part for the identifier. the problem we
> saw in the past was that you have to understand the structure of
> the identifier in order for it to work.

I'm not sure I follow. I work for dynamicsoft.com. All URIs in my
domain are user@dynamicsoft.com. I'd like a policy which allows anyone
in dynamicsoft.com, but blocks a few irritating people, say joe and
bob. So, I would have a policy like this:

<applies-to>
   <domain>dynamicsoft.com</domain>
   <except>
      <uri>joe@dynamicsoft.com</uri>
      <uri>bob@dynamicsoft.com</uri>
   </except>
</applies-to>

Where is the complexity here?

> ciao hannes
>
> btw, another small issue. the name of the authorization draft is
> very misleading. there is no need to contain the name xcap in there
> since the policies should actually be independent of xcap. i
> noticed the problem with the names in various discussions. people
> automatically think that those two belong together.

Yes, I realize that - others have commented similarly. I will be happy
to split it up into pieces, wth the XML schema separately, once we
have a better grasp of how to bring these two works together.

-Jonathan R.

--
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711