Re: [Geopriv] Geopriv for emergency calls

From: Henning Schulzrinne ^lt;hgs@cs.columbia.edu>
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 18:20:19 EST

Rosen, Brian wrote:

> b) A default rule for emergency calls be specified in the RFC
> for the using protocol. Emergency calls would reference this rule.

This leads to an interesting question whether it makes sense to allow
URNs for rules and have some resolution mechanism. I'm thinking of the
rough equivalent of the IETF schema repository, which is apparently in
the works. This wouldn't be used for a random person's personal privacy
preferences listing his uncles and nephews, but rather for common "best
practice" rule sets.