[Geopriv] Reason Header with 424

From: Brian Rosen ^lt;br@brianrosen.net>
Date: Tue Jul 18 2006 - 08:56:44 EDT

It has been pointed out that the new 424 Bad Location Information error code
defined in location-conveyance does not provide sufficient information for
the recipient to know what was wrong with the location that prompted the
error.

We propose to resolve this by allowing a Reason header in the 424(Bad
Location Information) response. We note that RFC3326 Which defines the
Reason header states that it normally isn't used in a response, but a
standards track RFC could allow this functionality. We propose that this
document do so. Our expectation would be that geopriv would process an RFC
that establishes a sub-registry for the Reason codes. We'll write a draft
on this to get the ball started if this seems like a reasonable approach.
We would not make location-conveyance normatively dependent on the
subregistry.

Brian and James