[Geopriv] RE: [Sip] Allowing sip: in location header not good

From: Ted Hardie ^lt;hardie@qualcomm.com>
Date: Thu Jul 20 2006 - 19:45:37 EDT

At 6:19 PM -0500 7/20/06, James M. Polk wrote:

>If the INVITE has a PIDF-LO with this element
>
> <retransmission-allowed>no</retransmission-allowed>
>
>Can a ESRP (emergency services routing proxy that does the LoST query for the PSAP URI) send location anywhere? Geopriv might say no, because it violates one of its "priv" rules. Now what? Do we make an exception? We have to get their buy-in for this. We don't have it yet.

Do you mean "send onward in the SIP signaling path" or "send to the LoST server"?

The problem here is that if the originating client has to allow all retransmission
in order to get the call through, their privacy protection has gone to nil; in
places where you have to be able to protect privacy during the emergency
call, that's a problem. So just saying "it must be set to 'yes'" doesn't solve
the problem. I think we really need to be able to distinguish between
using the location to route the call and forwarding the target of the call
forwarding the location; I believe that means we need to be able to break
the first out of "retransmission-allowed" into a separate permission.

My two cents,
                                Ted