Re: [Geopriv] Re: [Sip] teasing apart: http as a GEOPRIV using protocol

From: Randall Gellens ^lt;randy@qualcomm.com>
Date: Thu Jul 27 2006 - 21:39:37 EDT

At 5:36 PM +0200 7/27/06, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:

> here is the reason why I think we are not talking about a 'using
> protocol' here: All we want is to perform dereferencing.
>
> We don't want something that does all the fancy features of a
> presence solution.

Perhaps it is a question of who is doing the dereferencing: if the
location URI is given to the target, that seems to me to be
provisioning, the same as the DHCP case; if instead the URI is given
to anyone else, that looks like location disclosure (or at least the
first half of it). In the disclosure case, dereferencing the URI is,
I think, a using protocol.

--
Randall Gellens