Re: [Geopriv] Geopriv L7 LCP: New Requirement

From: Andrew Newton ^lt;andy@hxr.us>
Date: Wed Feb 14 2007 - 12:35:19 EST

On Feb 14, 2007, at 11:12 AM, g.caron@bell.ca wrote:
> Is it your understanding that LIS to LIS and OBO within the context
> of this thread are one of the same?
>
> I don't think they are.

I don't think they are the same thing either, but that's not your
requirement. Your requirement is that you need to communicate the
location of a subscriber from the DSL provider to the ISP. What I'm
stating is that you can already to that today.

> If LIS to LIS is definitively covered by a geopriv document
> somewhere then, can this requirement (L7 MUST support LS-LS) be
> added to section 9?

What is the point of putting a requirement in a document if the
intent is not to do anything with it?

-andy