RE: [Geopriv]WGLCondraft-ietf-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps-00(PIDF-LOdigitalsignatures)

From: Brian Rosen ^lt;br@brianrosen.net>
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 11:42:57 EST

Yes, but you have no choice, under normal circumstances, other than to route
where it tells you to route. You can't drop a call because it looks
suspicious, and at least at the moment, the PSAPs don't want a designated
sucker which would be some kind of a call center that gets suspicious calls.

When the PSAP is under attack, it may be possible to divert calls earlier in
the routing process that don't have valid signatures (possibly in
combination with other factors) to secondary queues or IVR or something
else. We're planning on doing that in the U.S. system.

PSAPs deal with suspicious calls now. They probably will have to get more
adept at dealing with them, because IP networks are more open and they are
likely to happen more often. That is something we're getting them
comfortable with. However, they want as much information as we can give
them, and signatures seem like something that is useful.

Brian

  _____