[Geopriv] Geopriv L7 LCP: New Requirement: Summary

From: Hannes Tschofenig ^lt;Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
Date: Sat Mar 10 2007 - 14:45:13 EST

Hi all,

I went through the mailing list discussion and here is my summary with
the respect to the impact for the <draft-ietf-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps-00.txt>.

If we would add this new requirement to the draft then the following
additions are needed:

* Terminology: It might be useful to add LIS-to-LIS (and maybe OBO)
terminology. The discussions focused mostly on LIS-to-LIS.

* Maybe add an architecture figure that describes the concept. Not
needed but could be helpful for the reader (I think).

* Requirements: I believe that requirement L7-1 covers the functionality
already but one might want to be more explicit by saying
   - the request for location information needs to be able to support
other forms of client identifiers than the IP address (typically
access technology dependent)
   - multiple identifiers may be added to the request

 I couldn't see any other new requirement.

Ciao
Hannes

PS: From a solution point of view I noticed there is the classical
protocol choice dispute. The SIP functionality is already RFC or very
close in the progress but some folks favor an HTTP based approach.