RE: [Geopriv] Geopriv L7 LCP: New Requirement

From: jerome.grenier@bell.ca
Date: Sat Mar 10 2007 - 15:44:14 EST

Hi Hannes,

Indeed, the scenario I had in mind did not involve LIS-to-LIS in a DSL environment. It is the mobile access to the Internet scenario (3G cell phones / PDAs, PC cards, etc). The deployment I know involves only one entity as both the Internet Service Provider and the (mobile) Access Service Provider, therefore only one LIS is needed. Of course, the LIS-to-LIS issues would apply to deployments where those two providers would be different organizations (I don't know if such deployments actually exist).

In this mobile environment, the ability to specify how quickly a response is needed seems useful. Note that this makes more sense from an OBO perspective as well as if the mobile device itself tries to acquire its location just in time for an emergency call, for example.

Jérôme