Re: [Geopriv] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-00.txt

From: James M. Polk ^lt;jmpolk@cisco.com>
Date: Fri Jun 08 2007 - 16:53:45 EDT

At 02:50 PM 6/8/2007, Internet-Drafts@ietf.org wrote:
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>directories.
>This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
>Group of the IETF.
>
> Title : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
> Author(s) : M. Barnes
> Filename : draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-00.txt
> Pages : 40
> Date : 2007-6-8

I think it best to rename this to something other than "HELD". I'm
sure to get flamed from some for this suggestion. However, there are
many that know the old HELD - and want to hang on to those
capabilities (some of which are not in this document). It seems less
confusing to me to get every up on a new name (therefore a mental
reset of what *this* is) vs. having the (probable) endless
discussions about assumptions that what previous IDs called HELD is
not in the current version of HELD, the latter of which is the one
moving forward.