Re: [Geopriv] draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-00.txt - Title/Name of Protocol

From: peter_blatherwick@mitel.com
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 14:24:43 EDT

Thanks,
HTTP Emergency Location Protocol (HELP) ? ;-) It too bad LoST is
taken ...
-- Peter

"Mary Barnes" <mary.barnes@nortel.com>
14.06.07 14:01

        To: "James M. Polk" <jmpolk@cisco.com>
        cc: geopriv@ietf.org
        Subject: [Geopriv]
draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-00.txt - Title/Name of
Protocol

I've changed the title so that we can better track any additional
feedback on this topic.

I've seen Peter's response, as well, agreeing with this idea and I don't
see a problem with changing the name to something that might be deemed
more neutral, yet still descriptive.

Putting creativity aside (i.e., my initial suggestions don't have a cute
acronym), I'd suggest the new title as "Layer 7 Location Retrieval
Protocol (L7LRP)" or "HTTP Enabled Location Retrieval (HELR)".

Any other suggestions?

Mary