[Geopriv] RE: [Ecrit] LoST Progress

From: Marc Linsner ^lt;mlinsner@cisco.com>
Date: Sat Jun 16 2007 - 14:33:50 EDT

James,

>From the ECRIT charter:

"The group will show how the availability of location data and call
routing information at different steps in session setup would enable
communication between a user and a relevant emergency response
center."

ECRIT's current charter/milestones include creating architecture documents
describing VoIP emergency calling. To that end, 'availability of location
data' includes 'location hiding' and will either be dealt with by ECRIT
and/or GeoPriv and possibly others.

The very issue of location hiding arose from ECRIT's architecture documents
when Deutsche Telekom (DT) stated they would not support the IETF emergency
calling architecture due to our requirement to advise the end-host and/or
non-DT-VSP of DT provided location data.

So, yes, ECRIT will deal with 'location hiding'.

-Marc-