Re: [Geopriv] SIP lbyr location deref using draft-mahy-geopriv-sip-loc-pkg-02.txt

From: James M. Polk ^lt;jmpolk@cisco.com>
Date: Sun Jul 15 2007 - 18:04:51 EDT

At 12:52 PM 7/15/2007, Rohan Mahy wrote:
>What is described in section 3.6 of location conveyance is not a
>dereferencing scheme as described in draft-marshall-geopriv-lbyr-
>requirements. This section hopelessly confuses location included with
>bonafide presence (ability to communicate), from raw location that
>contains no information about the ability to communicate.

Robert has strongly suggested this section (3.6) of Conveyance
include an event package - with rules of usage. After talking with
him about it, I agree. This will be a new event package and will
only allow a single (Expires: 0) dereference (i.e., one NOTIFY
containing the PIDF-LO), and not allow pending subscriptions or
target tracking (i.e., numerous NOTIFYs returned).

The new event package will likely be called something like
"location-deref", verses something else like "location-tracking" for
a future effort that's out of scope for Conveyance.

Rohan, I'm open to your suggestions on how to further make section
3.6 clearer, as Conveyance right now doesn't allow "raw" location to
be sent anywhere.

James