RE: Does anyone need a separate set of tags for "jurisdictional" vs"postal locations"? was RE: [Geopriv]draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-01.txt

From: Brian Rosen ^lt;br@brianrosen.net>
Date: Thu Jul 26 2007 - 15:24:25 EDT

If we accept the notion of aliases (AKAs), the question arises if we need to
distinguish an alias from an authoritative address. We also need to decide
if we have to label an address so that a recipient could determine if the
address was suitable to compose a jurisdictional or postal address. Rohan
argues there should be a "common use" designation. Guy argues there should
be an "emergency service" designation.

This, I think, is a normative change to PIDF-LO that adds a set of flags
that say what you could do with this address. Of course, in a lot of cases,
these flags won't be there (the sender doesn't know).

Of course you could have multiple tuples, each with different flags.

The flags would be independent bits:
Authoritative (vs alias)
validPostal
validJurisdictional (this may not be needed, "Authoritative" may imply this
one
CommonUse (I question this; Rohan likes it)
validEmergency (for Guy)

This would replace the types thingy in HELD.