Re: [Geopriv] HELD comment on responseTime parameter

From: Henning Schulzrinne ^lt;hgs@cs.columbia.edu>
Date: Tue Aug 07 2007 - 09:58:54 EDT

As I believe Brian and I have explained, the client should be able to
request "asap" and "agap" ("as good as possible"). If I understood
Rohan correctly, he also alluded to a similar type of distinction in
the world of medical labs.

As Brian noted, no useful location determination system has arbitrary
time constraints, measured in hours. As I've tried to explain, since
the client has no idea what the server's time-accuracy curve is,
providing a time parameter is meaningless to the client.