RE: [Geopriv] HELD Emergency Text

From: Stark, Barbara ^lt;bs7652@att.com>
Date: Tue Oct 02 2007 - 08:26:06 EDT

Is this text intended for the HELD draft? Does some of it belong more in
phonebcp than HELD? Specifically, the last paragraph seems more bcp-like
than protocol specification.

For the last paragraph, I believe that any device capable of making
emergency calls that is making a HELD query to get its location at
system startup MUST do so with responseTime set to emergencyDispatch.

As for not using emergencyDispatch when making an emergency call, I
don't think this is quite right. I think we would want both an
emergencyDispatch and emergencyRouting query at call time. The
emergencyRouting value would be used for routing, and the
emergencyDispatch would update the currently saved Dispatch location.

If this is what we want it brings up a few other questions for me. But I
think those questions apply to phonebcp, and not HELD (which would mean
ecrit and not geopriv). So, I await other opinions as to whether
phonebcp will pick up the recommendations of the last paragraph.
Barbara