RE: [Geopriv] HELD 'expires' parameter

From: Stark, Barbara ^lt;bs7652@att.com>
Date: Wed Oct 10 2007 - 11:52:05 EDT

The access network knows whether the access network technology is fixed
(twisted pair, coax, fiber) or not (like WiMAX or metro mesh Wi-Fi). For
fixed, the 24 hour default is perfectly reasonable. For RF, it may not
be, because devices may move around. The end device may be behind a
bridge device or router that connects to the access network, in which
case it wouldn't know the nature of the access network.

Right now, phonebcp suggests 24 hours, unless the device has reason to
believe it may be mobile. If the device doesn't know the nature of the
access network, then it will probably just use 24 hours.
Barbara