RE: [Geopriv] HELD guidance for IP address ID

From: Marc Linsner ^lt;mlinsner@cisco.com>
Date: Thu Nov 08 2007 - 07:03:36 EST

Martin,

> If you are trying to make out that the complexity is too
> high, I'd suggest that you need to base your arguments on experience.
>
> In my experience, having written code for doing discovery,
> the network interface is a parameter that you need to find
> first. Ensuring that the source IP is correct follows from that.

You are making a leap of faith about developers that I am not prepared to
make. What about text along the line of:

"When hosts deploy multiple interfaces, either physical, virtual, or a
combination, care needs to be taken to ensure the location request is sent
on the interface that corresponds with the discovery of the LIS. This is
required as the LIS is utilizing the source IP address of the communication
as the identifier for location lookup."

-Marc-