RE: [Geopriv] Question on client identifier in HELD (re: HELDguidance for IP address ID)

From: Brian Rosen ^lt;br@brianrosen.net>
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 11:22:16 EST

I had the same reaction, but the only thing I think we should change is to
add some text that makes it more clear that the protocol is intended to be
extended for other identifiers, and while IP address is a suitable
identifier for many networks, it may not work well in others. Perhaps this
could be tied to the text we are discussing that describes the issues with
using IP address as the identifier.

I have no problem with other identifiers being covered in an extension
document, and do not want to hold up HELD to get other text in it that
covers other identifiers.