[Geopriv] Religious Terminology Discussions

From: Hannes Tschofenig ^lt;Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
Date: Mon Nov 26 2007 - 16:07:50 EST

Hi all,

we had many terminology discussions in this group about conveyance,
location retrieval, Using Protocols, etc.

All these discussions lead to absolutely NOTHING. We did not learn
anything new. It was just a complete waste of time. We aren't even left
with good terminology*.

Maybe it is time to throw some of the old (and not so well defined)
terms aboard and develop better onces (if someone has the energy). Btw,
Richard has already taken the first step to re-work the terminology and
the architecture, see
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/geopriv/draft-barnes-geopriv-lo-sec-01.txt

Ciao
Hannes

(*): Together with Henning we tried to write a tutorial about GEOPRIV
and we noticed that the GEOPRIV requirements RFC (that outlines also
architectural parts) is very much outdated and does not help to present
a solid story.