Re: [Geopriv] RE: For those interested in WiFi location determination

From: Hannes Tschofenig ^lt;Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
Date: Tue Nov 27 2007 - 04:46:03 EST

Hi Carl,

thanks for sending us the link to "Testing of location systems using
WiFi in indoor environments".
A quote from the paper:

"
As can be seen from Figure 3 the achievable positioning accuracies vary
quite significantly and range from 1.3 to 6.3 m with a few outlieres
with even larger positioning errors.
"

That's interesting date but as one can also see in the paper they are
mapping the obtained position to civic information with the available
maps. Hence, the errors do not really matter in this case (at least not
for the question about generated location shapes we have).

I wonder whether someone is really using geodetic information within a
building for a serious usage. In outdoor environments the errors are
likely to be entirely different.

Ciao
Hannes

PS: I contacted the authors of that paper to get more information.