RE: [Geopriv] RE: For those interested in WiFi location determination

From: Brian Rosen ^lt;br@brianrosen.net>
Date: Tue Nov 27 2007 - 09:11:26 EST

Never convert and then send the converted data.

How many times, in how many ways do we have to say that?

You can do a conversion and use it at that point for something, but you
never send the converted value; you send the original.

The only local network operator who would know the location best is an
enterprise, and it would be MUCH better for all concerned if the floorplan
was available for public safety. No other access network will know better
than a PSAP (for the emergency case).

You probably need an escape, where the destination has no conversion
capability but the origination does. If that's the circumstance, then you
have no choice. That isn't the emergency case.