Re: [Geopriv] RE: For those interested in WiFi location determination

From: Hannes Tschofenig ^lt;Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
Date: Tue Nov 27 2007 - 10:40:32 EST

Hi Marc,

Marc Linsner wrote:
> Hannes,
>

>> In a wireless environment location determination techniques
>> do not produce civic location.
>>

> This is not true. 802.11 location determination systems produce data shown
> in draft-linsner-geopriv-relativeloc-01.

That's true. It seems to cover one specific use case for transmitting
location information obtained via WLAN location determination techniques.

> This draft aligns with the
> on-going work in the 802.11 group.

Presumably because you have brought it there.

Btw, I believe that the approach is not going into the right direction
and the draft is quite misleading about it's intention.

Ciao
Hannes