Re: [Geopriv] Review of draft-singh-geopriv-pidf-lo-dynamic-04

From: Thomson, Martin ^lt;Martin.Thomson@andrew.com>
Date: Sun Nov 09 2008 - 18:10:50 EST

Hi Hannes,

I'm impressed with how fast you've managed to produce such a large edit.

A few little things jumped out at me.

 - You've elected to clone the necessary parts from GML rather than referencing them. I wouldn't have done that, but if you intend to keep this approach, there are a great many simplifications that can be gained. For one, you can do away with all the UOM and CRS nonsense. If you want some GML, I'd be happy to build you a compatible schema.

 - <facing> or <face>?

 - in the examples, you need to qualify the method element with the gp: ns prefix. Timestamp goes after deviceID and is qualified with dm:.

 - (example 2 & 3) GPS doesn't typically give you acceleration or facing. Of course, given a number of observations over time, you could derive acceleration, but the timestamp would start to become meaningless.

 - I didn't review the appendix before. timed-status with from= and to= isn't suitable for instantaneous measurements of a continuous variable like location. Multiple tuples (or device elements) are more applicable.

Cheers,
Martin

this email is prohibited.