Re: [Geopriv] Review of XEP-0255

From: Thomson, Martin ^lt;Martin.Thomson@andrew.com>
Date: Sun Apr 05 2009 - 20:36:40 EDT

Hi Helge,

I think that you have missed my central point about the architecture assumed by the protocol. It's OK for you to decide to rely on an omniscient service*, but that's an assumption that needs to be made clear.

My point about geocoding being a separable and separate function also appears to have been lost. Of course, it's natural to see the two functions (location determination and geocoding) in the one box after making the first set of assumptions. However, from an aesthetics and protocol design perspective, I'd prefer to see the two initially separate with a bridging piece defined later.

Cheers,
Martin

* As I pointed out, this is an attractive concept, but that doesn't mean it's going to work.

this email is prohibited.