[Geopriv] RFC3825bis

From: Hannes Tschofenig ^lt;Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
Date: Wed Apr 22 2009 - 16:07:04 EDT

Hi all,

To provide some constructive input to the ongoing discussion I wanted to
know how RFC3825bis would look like in case it is very much based on the
text from RFC 3825.

Here is the outcome:
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/svn/draft-bond-geopriv-dhcp-geo/draft-bond-geo
priv-dhcp-geo-00.txt

This version obviously does not provide the DHCPv6 encoding.

As you can see from the diff version there are still a number of changes,
namely:
http://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3825.txt&url2
=http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/svn/draft-bond-geopriv-dhcp-geo/draft-bond-ge
opriv-dhcp-geo-00.txt

* The I-D templates changed in the meanwhile.
* The previous draft was written in Word and this version in XML2RFC and
hence the layout is a bit different. For example, the appendix is in a
different place.
* The resolution to uncertainty change impacted number of parts in the
document, including the re-written example.
* The example contains the translation to GML as well.
* The document does not repeat the datum values from RFC 3825.
* The ack section will be different and is currently empty.
* I believe that the RFC editor uses symbolic references these days.

I would still change a number of things throughout the document. For
example, I wouldn't call "GPS" an exotic mechanism.

Ciao
Hannes