Re: [Geopriv] [geopriv] #38: Section 1

From: Bernard Aboba ^lt;bernard_aboba@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 13 2010 - 10:46:59 EDT

My question with the paragraph is what it is trying to
convey about the "limited applicability".
We had discussed how DHCP might work reasonably well in
static or nomadic wireless scenarios, so that wireless
itself was not the issue.

The original text seems to suggest that the issue is movement of
the mobile host without changing the point of attachment (which
will trigger a DHCP exchange).

My presumption is that this is an issue in situations where
the location could change a great deal without a change to the point
of attachment. Unfortunately, it is these situations (e.g. wireless
WAN networks) where continuous triggering of DHCP might be
most objectionable.