Re: [Geopriv] Options for Resolution of DISCUSS comments on RFC 3825bis

From: Marc Linsner ^lt;mlinsner@cisco.com>
Date: Tue Dec 07 2010 - 09:18:48 EST

Martin,

The WG decided to support 3825, hence the backward compatibility.

In your opinion, what is the downside of a new DHCP option for the
additional format?

It would provide the utmost in backward compatibility and DHCP servers
wouldn't have to make the choice as to which option to use, it could
simply send both of them.

Thanks,

-Marc-