Re: [Geopriv] Other civic-related stuff

From: Winterbottom, James ^lt;James.Winterbottom@andrew.com>
Date: Thu Dec 09 2010 - 00:47:40 EST

I think that your examples fundamentally miss the point.
As an application developer, if you believe that these items have significant importance and a wide scope then you should write a specification and have them defined as formal CAtypes.
The use case you describe below again assumes that a milepost in one schema has the same fundamental meaning as bagettesFromEiffelTower in a different schema and as I continually point our this is like assuming a variable X in one function is the same variable X in a different function. They may be fundamentally different things, you can't assume that they are the same, scoping means that they are not the same. If you want them to be the same then write a specification and submit them for approval as a formal CAtype.

To be clear in what I am saying. I don't want a registry as you propose below, I don't want a namespace registry either, though I would compromise on this if that is the only way to proceed. My preference is one registry, the CAtype registry, if you aren't prepared to write a specification then keep it local with namespaces.

Cheers
James