[Geopriv] PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Fwd: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC4480 (3121)

From: Robert Sparks ^lt;rjsparks@nostrum.com>
Date: Tue Feb 14 2012 - 17:36:05 EST

This erratum will change the schema for RPID registered with IANA.
(I've confirmed with IANA that they can handle a change made this way).

There have been discussions in several groups about registry maintenance
with some
confusion about whether changes can be made to an existing schema. Our
XML experts
(Peter in this case) assure us that schema changes are OK.

In most cases, I would ask that a change to a registration like this be
done with a document.
That's definitely required if we're doing anything more than correcting
an obvious mistake.
In this case, however, it is obvious that these values were intended to
be included in the
affected list from the beginning.

I plan to approve this erratum a week from today. If you believe this is
not the right thing to do,
please speak now.

RjS