Re: [Geopriv] [Simple] PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Fwd: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC4480 (3121)

From: Saúl Ibarra Corretgé ^lt;saul@ag-projects.com>
Date: Mon Feb 20 2012 - 04:07:49 EST

Hi,

On Feb 16, 2012, at 7:26 PM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:

> I am curious: Why you do schema validation?
>
> When you receive a PIDF document in a SIP message then you will have to parse it. Since we put any namespace="##other" statements in nearly all our schema files I am curious what you actually going to learn from the validation since almost everything validates without error.

Well, I like to do schema validation to al least know that the document doesn't violate the specified structure. Yes, you may put whatever you want in ##other, but PIDF does define certain elements, and those will not fall in the ##other bucket, so those should be validated.

Regards,

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects